Safety in the home
- Keep Safe - A guide to personal safety (.pdf format) This easy-to-read booklet has been produced to provide tips and advice on keeping safe. The advice offered ranges from keeping safe at home, personal safety while out and about, and how to deal with specific problems like harassment and mugging.
- Be Safe Be Secure – Your practical guide to crime prevention (.pdf format) This booklet tells you how you can help reduce your risk of being a victim of crime. You can make yourself safer and protect your home, your family and your belongings by following some of these simple suggestions.
- Crime prevention for older people (.pdf format) This factsheet from Age Concern provides information on simple precautions that can be taken to protect you or to help you to overcome the effects of being a victim of a crime.
- Your Security (.pdf format). This booklet from Help The Aged provides free practical help and advice to people in their homes.
- Age Concern Oxfordshire 01235 849400 Fax: 01235 849449 www.ageconcernoxon.org.uk
- Oxfordshire County Council Social & Community Services (customer services) 01865 375515 Fax: 01865 841666 www.oxfordshire.gov.uk
- Community Fire Safety Department 0800 0325 999 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thames Valley Police 0845 850 5505 www.thamesvalley.police.uk
- Oxfordshire Trading Standards (Doorstep Selling) 01865 815000 Fax: 01865 241402 email@example.com
- Victim Support Oxfordshire 01865 751 511 Fax: 01865 751 513 www.victimsupport.org.uk