Helping yourself - or someone else
Some adults are particularly vulnerable to being hurt or abused because they have a disability, illness, or impairment and need help and support. It isn't always intentional...but it is still abuse.
Ask yourself the following:
- Are you unhappy or frightened because of something that is happening to you?
- Do you know someone who is?
- Are you caring for someone and feel you need help?
...then please tell someone
Abuse is not common but it does happen. We all have a responsibility to do something about it. This website is intended to help you do your part.
Take a look at the following pages for further information about what to do if you are concerned or worried:
- What is abuse?
- What to do if you feel unsafe?
- How you can help someone?
- Do you want to keep safe?
- Do you want to talk to someone?
Posters, leaflets and guides are available.
365alive is an Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service initiative which aims to promote a safer community for everyone through safety education and prevention work.